Friday, August 31, 2007

More about August

I was quite surprised when I went over the Zweig screen for August. I base a lot of my trading on that screen and I figured it would have taken it on the chin during the month of August. On the contrary, it made 5.27%. Buying all the stocks you see in the chart on the first day of August and holding them through today would have beat me by 20% this month. That makes me question my tactics a little bit.

A couple of stocks caught me by surprise this month. I didn't have BW on my watch list this whole month and it was the best performer in the screen. I also ignored HRS and jumped out of VMI too soon.

I'm not sure if this month was an just a fluke, but I'm sure there is some further analysis that I can do to figure out what went wrong.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Q for u. Is that the table from AAII?

thx

Mac