Friday, August 31, 2007

Adsense on StockPunk

I debated for several months whether or not to include any advertising on my site. Some stock bloggers I admire refuse to allow outside advertising (The Kirk Report) and some layer them on pretty thick.

I planned to take the high road like Charles Kirk until I read an article in last month's Fast Company magazine about a 17-year-old girl who started a web site that offered cute templates for MySpace accounts for free. She included Adsense advertisements and this year cleared ONE MILLION DOLLARS (you have to say it like the evil guy in Austin Powers). Holy Toledo!

So, I jumped on the band wagon this August and --you may want to sit down for this--I made THREE DOLLARS AND EIGHTY ONE CENTS (you can turn off your evil guy voice for that one). So tonight I'm treating myself to some Taco Bell (I probably won't be able to get a drink--just water please).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You might want to visit www.problogger.net. You can look up adsense and get some tips about how to blend it into your site better. Adsense doesn't bother me, but your implementation of it is a bit ugly.

Scott said...

Thanks for the feedback. I'll work a bit on my implementation.

Anonymous said...

You totally sold out.

Scott said...

For my brother--Two words--No, three words.

Pets dot com

Is com a word?