Friday, August 24, 2007

Week In Review 8-24-2007

"We've long felt that the only value of stock forecasters is to make fortune tellers look good. Even now, Charlie and I continue to believe that short-term market forecasts are poison and should be kept locked up in a safe place, away from children and also from grown-ups who behave in the market like children." Warren Buffett

I always insist that I have no idea where the market is headed at any given time. Great investors seem to say the same thing. Does that make me a great investor? Probably not.

Although I got beat by most of my stock screens, I still ended up having a positive week this week. The portfolio was up 5.22%. Another week like that and I'll be back to where I was a month ago.

I stayed pretty unemotional throughout the week. I barely even monitored things today. It was a pleasant surprise when I looked over things after the close. I wasn't quite sure where I would end up at the end of the week.

I have no idea where things are headed, and there are a lot of folks out there that are still very concerned, but I'm feeling better about keeping my money active.


No comments: