Monday, August 27, 2007

Where are we headed?

There's lots of chatter out there about the direction the market is going to take this week. Stockbee says that this most recent bounce will end up heading south soon. Stox Investor says the bulls are "about to get smacked". The Kirk Report says the bears are on the run.

I don't think that anyone knows for sure. I'm planning to keep my money working this week unless things move strongly in the wrong direction.

This week I'm going to try to limit the time I spend watching the market. I usually spend 1 to 2 hours a day just watching the ticks and I've come to realize that it's a tremendous waste of time. I don't really learn anything by watching and often I make bad decisions when I get wrapped up in what's going on out there.

My best time for learning and thinking is early in the morning, the few hours after the market closes, and the weekend. I seem to make the best decisions when things are shut down and the data isn't constantly changing.


No comments: