Monday, April 28, 2008

This Week With StockPunk

It's been busy. I did some research on Portfolio 123 and StockFetcher over the weekend. Both look like promising applications, but I need to spend a lot more time in each one to figure out if they can help my trading.

I don't think that I'm going to be able to get the portfolio to break-even by the end of April. Unless we have an amazing week, I think I'm still stuck underwater for the year. If I would have stuck to the Zweig & Zacks screen or the Zweig MACD screen I'd be sitting pretty right now. So much for all my thinking and analysis.

Zacks and Zweig has no qualifiers again this week. The Zweig screen has only 10 picks. I'm not sure if that means anything, but it's worth thinking about. Happy trading!!

3 comments:

Chris said...

Don't you subscribe to the Kirk Report? How has his performance been year-to-date?

I notice that he hasn't updated his closed trades page for 2008, and I assume that, while it was free to everyone in 2007, this is now only available to subscribers.

Chris

Scott said...

Kirk isn't making that information public to anyone anymore.

Anonymous said...

I am digging into P123 as well. One thing of note is that their industry definitions seem different so many of my SIPro based screens give very different results. Also, there are fields that make up Zweig which are not available in P123. I just want to see if I can replicate SIPro screens in P123 and see how similar the picks are.