Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Not bad

I made nearly 2% on a consolidation day. I'll take it.

MSN has a bunch of doom and gloom article about the stock market in their Money section. I'm becoming more and more convinced that it is detrimental to my trading when I watch or read stock market news. I stopped my subscription to the Wall Street Journal (I felt guilty when I didn't have time to read it) and I no longer watch any stock news on TV. I'm limiting my total TV time to 3 to 5 hours each week (mostly for Lost and The Office). Yesterday, I avoided any contact with the market until after the close.

I'm trying to get back to reading a book a week. Right now I'm reading The Progress Paradox by Gregg Easterbrook. It's about how much better things are now than they were 50 to 100 years ago and still people think things are worse. Interesting stuff.

No comments: