Saturday, April 12, 2008

My first house

My family just moved into our new home last week. For the past 10 years we've lived with 8 teenage girls in a group home. While this has provided great cash flow for trading (our housing and food is paid for), we've had very little privacy for a decade.

We still live at the group home, so the new house is like our "vacation home" when we have some time away. I'd forgotten how quiet a home can be when it's just your family there. Nice. It's also much more fun to entertain when you aren't managing the emotional highs and lows of teenage girls while making your guests feel comfy.

Charles Kirk paid off his mortgage this week. It took him less than 5 years. I decided to put nothing down on mine and use the money I would have used on the house for trading. My friends and family think I'm a nutjob, but I think it's worth the risk to eventually be financially free. Once I can live off of trading and pay cash for the house, I'll do it. I do see an advantage to having no payments (the house is our only debt).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!