Friday, April 18, 2008

Dr. Van K. Tharp Training Tapes & DVDs

If you're interested, I'm selling a series of DVD's and cassette tapes from Dr. Van K. Tharp's Institute for trading mastery on E-bay.

The DVD's explain position sizing in very clear terms. I watched them several times and it really helped me formulate a trading strategy. He uses an example of trading from newsletter recommendations that is very revealing about the power of position sizing. You can see the auction here.

The other series is on cassette tape (that makes them retro and therefore really cool). The cassettes took me a long time to get through, but they were very interesting. He basically has a roomful of traders that he teaches the techniques of position sizing, money management, and developing a trading system with a positive expectancy. It's interesting to listen to the experts and compare your own trading to theirs. You can see the auction for the tapes here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bought the DVDs. Cheers.

Scott said...

Thanks for the information, Rick. I actually posted a question to Van Tharp on his blog and he answered me. It's the one on April 3rd. He pitied me and answered it, and it was kind of obvious that I STILL didn't know what I was talking about. If anybody can explain the MAE to me, that would be swell.