Thursday, April 3, 2008

Gaining confidence

There's nothing like making a couple of good decisions to boost my confidence. I made two good calls today. I held on to WFR after dropping the stop to 2% below what it was gyrating at during the first half hour. It ended up losing only 3.44% after being down over 10%. Whew!

I put a 4% stop on NGS and it gained another 3% today. I was tempted to sell it while it was declining after the open, but I'm glad I waited. I shut the quotes off at 9:00 am and left them off until the close.

This has been the best two-week performance for me since early December. Yikes! That's a long time. No wonder I was getting a bit edgy.

It's good to see that the averages held above support today. It gives me some more confidence that I'm moving in the right direction.

No comments: