Tuesday, April 1, 2008

An OK day

My portfolio got dragged along kicking and screaming to a gain that got beat by all the indexes--up 2.88%. A disastrous trade of CALM (don't ask me why) hurt me badly yesterday and today (I lost over 17% on that one).

This market is so wishy washy lately. It makes it very hard to gain any confidence in any move. But, at least I'm moving in the right direction. I'd like to be even for the year by summer. What a wimpy goal.

I've been moving into our new home this week, so it has been very busy. I'm getting behind in my classes and that has stressed me out a bit.

I've switched the StockPunk Market Meeter to "Go For It!" which means I think conditions have improved enough that going long is no longer scary. I'm an idiot, so please don't take my musings as anything actionable.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Scott, Thank you for sharing your journey with us. This is a great inspiration to me as I have been toiling away at screening for several months now in relative isolation.

I'll send you an email with some questions.

Good luck!
SC