Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Month in Review -- April 2008

I'm learning that every time I have a terrific day (or week) and I get a bit too cocky, the market ALWAYS kicks my buttocks and makes me re-think everything. Once again, the pattern continues. I was euphoric about my best day ever on April 16th, and then I managed to allow the market to siphon off 6% by the end of the month.

I still managed to meet my goal of making 4 times my risk this month. That is my new measure of progress since percentage gains really doesn't reflect the accomplishment of my trading system. I was up around 10 times my risk a few weeks ago, so once again, the market humbles me. Maybe one of these days I'll be able to keep my gains. Probably not.

For the month of April, the screens looked like this:

To the Moon: 5.39%
Zweig MACD: 10.79%
Zweig and Zacks #1: 10.63%
Zweig Relative Strength 5: 12.9%

My returns for the month were 9.68%.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a good month. What do you mean when you say "four times your risk"?

Anonymous said...

That is a good month. What do you mean when you say "four times your risk"?