Wednesday, April 16, 2008

NOW, THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT!!

We have an official StockPunk best day ever today. The portfolio was up 5.55%! Nice. That's not the best percent-wise. Way back on May 2nd, 2006 I made 6.03% in one day. I have a lot more money now so this is my best day for dollars gained. Back in 2006 I was betting the whole portfolio on one or two stocks. I had some good days, but my portfolio sure took a licking during the bad times. I've learned a lot since then, thankfully.

The 2nd best day ever dollar-wise isn't that long ago--December 10th 2007. I made 4.65%.

Let's hope this continues, but as I've learned--past performance is not a guarantee of future returns.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice! What were the main gainers? KEX was up 3.2% for me in Zweig. Mixed on rest. Nice to have a day like that after the slogging of late.

Scott said...

KEX, AIRM and WFR are the only Zweig stocks I currently own. Once again my portfolio is a muddled combination of screens and systems. But, hey, it seemed to work today.

Nick M. said...

Nice job Scott! Out of those 3, I like KEX and AIRM the most. Expect an encore of todays performance. Looks like IBM's numbers may lift up the markets once again.