Friday, May 25, 2007

Week In Review 5-25-07

Well, well, well. I got taught a thing or two this week. I lost 3.94%. My best screen made 5.11% and the worst lost 2.16%. So in essence, once again, I lost more than my worst screen trying to keep from losing. Benjamin Franklin said, "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." He also told people to read this blog for a practical example.

Not really--he's been dead a long time. But lately I've been the personification of insane behavior. I've written about what I should do, but I do the opposite. I thought that by sharing my experiences with people, I might be held more accountable. Thanks to the folks who have encouraged me to stop acting like an emotional idiot and get back on track.

My goal during the three-day weekend is to refocus and reapply what I've learned over the past four years.

StoxInvestor had some nice things to say about me on his blog. "This guy has developed some interesting screens and has an impressive track record. What I am most impressed about is his money management. If you read some of his older posts, he discusses how he manages and closes positions. He manages them by using a trailing stop. To close, he simply tightens the trailing stop. I think this is a great idea for squeezing some extra profits while switching holdings. You could even use buy trailing stops to get into positions. I think this is a great way to manage a screen."

He'll probably delete me from his blogroll after reading about the mess I've made of things this week.

No comments: