Sunday, May 27, 2007

I was devastated that StockPunk wasn't chosen by Charles Kirk as one of his 75 favorite websites. I thought that by posting a picture from Star Wars, I might be able to tip the scales. Of course, if I was reading this blog I'd probably steer people away from it.

Speaking of Star Wars, if you think you spend too much time obsessing over stocks, check out this Star Wars fan's website. He's done nearly the entire Star Wars movie in ASCII animation. I can't imagine the amount of time that must have taken.

When I was a kid, I memorized every line of dialog from start to finish of both Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back. I can still recite any part of each movie on cue. I'm such a loser.

Recently, I saw a picture in the local paper of a Star Wars storm trooper standing next to a mailbox with an R2-D2 decal on it. I read the caption and discovered that the guy in the storm trooper outfit was a friend of mine from 20 years ago who was obsessed with the Star Wars trilogy (I guess he still is). Back then he made a light saber out of a cattle prod that gave an excruciating shock if he zapped you with it. Ahhh, those were the days.

No comments: