Sunday, May 13, 2007

This Week With StockPunk

Just a few changes. KRSL and MIDD have dropped off my screen. HOC is a new addition.

My Plymouth Voyager (hey, I'm a family man) just made it to 120,000 miles. My goal is 200,000. I found a website for Chrysler owners whose cars or trucks have gone over 200,000 miles here. I read it for encouragement. MSN has some good articles here if you are trying to eek out every mile your car is worth.

I've come to the conclusion that cars are the number one reason people don't have any money and can't build wealth. It is so easy to be dazzled by the thought of owning the newest and best car. But they drain your wealth so quickly as they decrease in value.

Just so you don't think I'm a minivan driving wimp, my first car was a 1969 Buick Skylark Gran Sport. It had a 455 cubic inch engine (not the original 400) and got 8 miles to the gallon on a good day (14 on the highway). I bought it for $400 and received $1500 for it after it was stolen and wrecked. That was the only car I've owned that I made money on. I now work for the organization that reimbursed me for the damage that was done to my car. It's a crazy life, but somebody's got to live it. Or something like that.

No comments: