Friday, November 16, 2007

Week In Review 11-16-2007

Despite the sell-off of nearly every one of my positions, I still managed to lose 3.44% this week. I was able to keep myself from trading at all which is a good thing. The bad thing is that my screens all beat me, and some have overtaken my returns again.

It will be interesting to see how the year ends up. I was feeling confident that this downturn would be short lived, but now I'm not so sure. I'm looking for some bullish confirmation and I'm just not getting it.

Today I thought I'd jump in for a few quick day-trades, but I couldn't find any good setups. GRMN was the only stock in my screens that I didn't look at this morning and of course it shot up today. I'm such a dweeb.

I've been listening to Phil Grande's radio show lately. He's an angry man with many conspiracy theories about the stock market and an avid hatred for Jim Cramer. He's got some interesting ideas, but he sure makes it hard to be long in this market. Maybe he's right.

No comments: