Tuesday, November 20, 2007

All the wrong moves

I'm about to give this market up. Every time I make a decision lately, it turns out to be the wrong one. I can't believe how many head fakes we saw today.

I bought a stock yesterday that went up 15% today. I sold it after it had dropped back to 5% and it went on to hover just about 2%. I thought I was pretty smart to get out, and then things reversed again and on it went back up to 7%.

I just ate two chocolate chip cookies to make me feel better. Maybe I should REALLY sit this one out for a while.

Maybe this is just a really hard market to trade. If it is, that's good because it teaches how to handle future difficult markets.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was YTD up 70% in July and am now YTD up 30%, so things are no going so great, but I'm way ahead of the indexes.

Nick M. said...

Scott,

This is a hard market to trade in. It's not just you. I'm feeling it and so is everyone else. I thought we would close in the negative for sure and next thing I know, we close positive. Go figure. Anyways, this highly volatile action should be expected as we are either in the midst of a market top or a heavy (but brief)lateral move before the next leg up. This action is very similar to Feb of 2006. Still, we'll have to see if we head higher or begin a downtrend. Best of luck to you.

-Nick M.