Tuesday, November 6, 2007

My best day ever

Dollar-wise today was the best day in my trading history. It was my best day percentage-wise since August of 2006--up 3.98%.

This is one of the reasons that I tend to stay fully invested at all times. You never know when your train is going to come in and sometimes it happens when you least expect it.

I enjoyed re-reading Nicolas Darvas' book How I Made $2,000,000 in The Stock Market during my vacation. Even though it is a bit light on usable information, it does show the power of ignoring the crowd, the news, and the chatter and following your program without wavering. He lost a lot of money when he started listening to other traders and the media.

Even though I enjoy reading what other traders think about the market, I think I would never make a trade if I didn't follow my own program. No matter how good things are, there are always folks out there saying it's about to get bad.

So, I guess my advice for everyone out there is--Ignore everything and follow your program.

1 comment:

StockKevin said...

Great advice! What works for someone might not work for another. Following your own system seems to be the best way to trade.