Sunday, January 6, 2008

Prudent Speculator 2007 Performance

If you had a rough year in the market, don't beat yourself up too much. One of the most respected and best performing (according to Hulbert Financial Digest) stock services over the last 20 years struggled badly this year. Most of their services lagged the market.

Charle's Kirk lamented this week that many of his members struggled to beat the market last year as well. I think this was just a really difficult year.

But as I said in the post before this, I think sometimes that we create our own problems. I know I made things way more complex than they needed to be and my portfolio suffered. Sometimes we think our plans are too simple and we modify them so much that they quit working.

I hope that in 2008 I am able to step back and re-focus my trading by simplifying the way I approach the market. I spent way too much time listening to the news, blogs, and other traders which really got me off track.

No comments: