Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I missed out

I didn't participate in the late day rally today, and you know what?--that's OK. The gains I gave up today more than offset the pain I would have felt over the losses from the last few days. I still don't trust the market, and today didn't convince me that it's time to put some money to work.

Right now I'm ahead of my screens by a couple of percent, but my guess is they'll catch up to me soon--they always do. I still don't have the guts to trade mechanically.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you, Scott. This market is so choppy. Yesterday, watching it open down...go up...go down...go up on Bernacke notes...then down negative again...then up almost 200 on news of the financial merger possibility...sheesh. A day trader made money, but not me. Still looking at cash and being more mechanical. Waiting out the choppiness. Good move on GHM again..but it's been choppy in it's own right.

Steal great trading ideas! said...

I agree - it's difficult to trade a strategy mechanically. This market just doesn't feel right.