Friday, February 29, 2008

Week In Review 3-1-2008

Well today was unpleasant. The beginning of the week was encouraging and it looked like I might pull out of my double digit losses but I ended up diving right back in on Thursday and Friday. For the week I was down .07% which was better than most of the screens, but still not very comforting.

The best performing screen was the Zweig MACD which made a measly .28%. The best performer among that group was GHM at 13.01%. The worst was AMED at -6.86%.

Zacks & Zweig was the next best performer at .08%. That screen still leads the pack for the year--mostly because it had no selections during January. ANDE performed well for that screen at 6.54% for the week.

Zweig Relative Strength 5 lost 3.23%. NGS was the only gainer at 6.51% for the week. Ironically it was the only stock I didn't buy. It blew past my limit order and I decided not to chase it.

To the Moon lost 1.69%. ICFI gained 6.11% and BYI lost 8.87%.

I spent most of the week managing an unwieldy portfolio and trying to pare down some of my unwise buys. Hopefully I can refocus and pull myself out of this pit I'm in. The broad market certainly isn't making things easy for me, but I'm beginning to see what works in markets like these. That's a good thing, because I'm sure I'll experience several of these before my time is up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I made 3.5% for February. First positive month since October. Still down 13% YTD. This worm is turning.

I have exactly 2% more in my account then I did last year at the end of Feb.

Scott said...

Nice job making money! I lost over 5% this month. Let's hope March treats us better.

Scott said...

Rick,

I'm not sure what you're asking when you talk about "time frame". Let me know.