Saturday, February 2, 2008

Stock Punk Goals for 2008

My goals this year are very similar to the ones I had last year. Here were last year's:

Goals for 2007 (In order of importance)

1) Beat the S&P 500
2) Beat the Stock Superstars Portfolio
3) Beat Charles Kirk's Yearly Return
4) Make 20% on Portfolio
5) Match or beat last year's return (62.44%)
6) Control my emotional trading and stick with the program


For 2008, my Goals are as follows:

  1. Beat the S&P 500--Shouldn't be too hard, but I'm already behind on that goal thanks to my irrational trading.
  2. Beat Stock Superstars and Prudent Trader Newsletters
  3. Make over 20% on my portfolio--My goal is to eventually trade for a living. If I can eek out 20% each year, I'll be able to meet my goal in the next 5 years.
  4. Beat last year's return--I'm not doing so hot so far this year. Last year at this time I was up 12%. I've got a ways to go.
  5. Control my emotions--I'm a miserable failure so far this year. Hopefully, I'll get a grip and start doing better with this goal.

5 comments:

Scott said...

Thanks for posting your goals Rick. If anybody else out there would like to post their goals on StockPunk please do!! I think it's great to learn what other traders are up to.

I was going to have a "short my first stock" goal for this year, but I just don't know if I can do it. I'm such a narrow minded wimp.

I traded some options last year and learned a lot. Pitbull.com's Henry Ford has some really interesting ideas about trading options and I traded some after learning some techniques from him.

Chris said...

20% in any year is a pretty lofty goal, much less in a year that has started out the way we have.

I guess my only goal is to beat the market, because I find that to be enough of a challenge.

Anonymous said...

i have a goal of IESV making it to 3$.

Scott said...

"Anonymous",

This forum is for "goals", not prayers for "miracles in fecal gas stocks".

Anonymous said...

My goal is to beat my mutual fund portfolio. If I can't beat that, I figure I shouldn't be trading.