Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Interesting Screening Site

I saw a mention of Keelix.com on a mechanical investing website and found the information there very helpful. The stock screening tool isn't real easy to use at first, but it somehow utilizes the Stock Investor Pro database and allows backtesting! So far I've been able to put together some of the Zweig screens and back test them over years that I don't have data for. The data that shows up is exactly the same as my actual results.

I'm excited about the potential of the back tester. I've spent hours and hours backtesting ideas by hand, and frankly I've skipped a lot of ideas because I wanted to avoid the tediousness of the paperwork. When I get some time, I'll head over there again and see what I can discover. Cool stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Keelix link. I'd never been to that site before.

After getting crushed all year, the last five days have been very profitable. Anyone else having a turn around?