Saturday, February 9, 2008

Prudent Speculator Reports

The Prudent Speculator newsletter used to provide weekly updates on the condition of their portfolios. Since the market's decay in December, the updates have grown more rare. They've finally posted their portfolio results for 2008 YTD.

As you can see, they're not doing too well. They're doing better than me, but you'd expect that from a company that scores so highly in the Hulbert Financial Digest.

This market is tough right now--for everybody. AAII's Stock Superstars Report is down 10.8% YTD.

Personally, I don't think this nastiness will continue for the entire year. I'm glad it happened now, because it has thrown me for a loop and forced me to work hard to figure out how to maintain my portfolio. We still have 11 months to go and that's a good amount of time to apply the new lessons we've learned recently.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What we've learned? The only thing I have learned is that a drawdown of 20% with real money hurts a lot more than a drawdown of 20% in a backtest. If it gets to 30%, I might blink.