Monday, March 17, 2008

I just can't make a buck

I can't seem to do anything right. I lost another 1.5% today. I would have done OK, if I hadn't added more positions which I did based on some stuff I looked at over the weekend. I am such an emotional wimp.

I still can't get a read on the insanity in the broad market. Stockbee is sitting calmly on the sidelines as he watches the carnage. His market monitor seems to be quite priceless during times like these.

I had a couple of friends ask me if this was a good time to get into the market. That concerns me. People should be terrified to put money to work right now. Maybe I should be terrified to be in the market too. Time will tell.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

its normal that your account goes down. if the general market goes down, 3/4 of all stocks goes down.

i trade only if general market is in a uptrend, NOT in a downtrend like the past couple of months.

sorry for my bad english

Anonymous said...

well, the Zweig and Zacks is up an average of 5% right now (mostly on KEX) [ I believe there were 5 that had a 1 rank on Monday ].

I'm all cash at this point again myself. But it's nice to see that reaction to the news coming today. N

No bottom yet, but at least it looks like it might be coming finally.

Anonymous said...

you're going to make a buck today my friend! :-)

Zweig and Zacks now up an average of 5% for the day!