Monday, December 10, 2007

Taking my gains

One of the biggest problems I have is hanging on too long and refusing to sell when the market is showing a lot of strength. I'm trying to change that today by selling into this Pre-Fed rally. I really don't think we can continue rolling on these rate cuts. People will look to earnings when the smoke clears and I'm guessing we'll see a decline again. That's just my guess, but some of the other bloggers I respect seem to see things that way too.

I had hoped to end the year up 30% and I just topped 40% today. I'm happy with that and during this busy time of year (in school, work and at home), I'd like to focus on the more important stuff the rest of the year. The challenging thing for me will be to sit idly if the market storms forward. We'll see how this "experiment" works.

No comments: