Sunday, December 23, 2007

Another Goal Met . . .

Another goal I had this year was to beat the Stock Superstars service which is a investing newsletter provided (for a fee) by The American Association of Individual Investors (AAII).

I followed the newsletter's advice in 2004 as a new trader and learned a lot about investing and fundamental stock picking.

The service is run by some very smart and seasoned investors who are very transparent in their strategies and performance (a rare combination).

So far this year, the service has made 6.8%--another confirmation that this was a very difficult year to be an investor.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Question about the Zweig screen. I've noticed from October 31 data at AAII to the most recent weekend that there are few changes in the stocks that come up. Is this the norm? How often do you see on average weekly turn over in the screen and in the Relative Strength screening?

Scott said...

It depends. Usually you'll see a change in at least one stock week to week and maybe a couple of stocks over a month's time.

Anonymous said...

are your performance numbers updated for last week? Tracking the stocks in your Zacks #1 and RS 5 I thought last week was better than what I see there for weekly results...

Scott said...

I didn't post new performance numbers this week. I'll update everything on Friday the 28th.