Friday, July 20, 2007

Week In Review 7-20-2007

This was a pretty wild week. I started to drift off course a bit and made some poor decisions. Overall, though, I'm happy with most of the decisions I made--the portfolio was up 3.11%.

My best screen continues to rock. To the Moon added another 8.03% which is the only reason I made money this week. I am too much of a coward to go whole-hog into the To The Moon screen because the returns beyond this year are the result of backtesting. My cowardice has cost me as I continue to dabble with some of the stocks the screen suggests, but I am happy with the amount of hedging it has provided me over the past month.

Like an idiot, I bought a couple of stocks that didn't appear on my screens, but were listed on blogs of folks who know (or appear to know) what they're doing. Needless to say, I lost on all of them. I did the same thing last year at this time and lost my shirt then too. Maybe I've gotten too much sun.

No comments: