Sunday, July 29, 2007

This Week With StockPunk 7-29-2007

After an awful week, some of my screens have changed dramatically. Two stocks that fared very well last week, VSEC and VSEA no longer appear on the Zweig screen. There are a couple of newcomers that haven't previously appeared, SILC and NE. Looking over the charts, none of them look particularly good yet.

With oil on the march upward again, several oil-related companies are showing up on my screens, NOV, HOC, GLP, and NE.

Valmont Industries (VMI), is right down the street from me and shows up in my Zweig RS screen. They make light poles--boring, but apparently profitable.

SMTX still shows up on the "To the Moon" screen. SMTX is down 30% in the last couple of weeks, so I'll keep my eye on it, but there's no way I'm going to predict where it's headed.

It should be an interesting week. I'm not sure how it will all play out, but I'm looking forward to another week of drama. Be good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

StockPunk-

Just curious, you state that you only hold 5-10 stocks at a given time and dont go over a 2% port risk. What do you do with the excess funds? Leave it as cash?

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I leave it in cash.