Sunday, July 15, 2007

I'm Back

Howdy everybody. I'm back from vacation.

I had internet access for minutes at a time which allowed me to get quick glimpses of the how my portfolio was doing. I did have access to cable news, (which I don't have at home) and I got a taste for why it is best to go without. People were flipping out about the DOW making all time highs. Monday's drop had gotten everybody worked up that the correction was here, but Thursday's gains changed all that.

It was easy for me to get caught up in all the hoopla, but my portfolio barely budged after Tuesday so I didn't miss much by being unable to monitor things.

I was one of those people that thought things were moving toward some selling so I had some tight stops set. Most of them triggered. By Friday I only owned VSEC and PCP. I'm a bit hesitant to jump back in so I'm going to monitor things on Monday a bit before I make any decisions. I've got a few new stocks showing up on my screens, but not many.

SYNL continues to qualify, but that thing has been a dog for a while now.

No comments: