Thursday, July 5, 2007

Things turned out OK at the close. My portfolio was up 1.16%

My friend Sean has been extolling the virtues of IESV.OB for the past month now. Apparently it's a company that harvests methane from cow manure. The stock is at about 5 cents and he's hoping that it climbs to a dollar. Maybe a few of you could by $10 worth and make the stock pop a couple of times to get him excited.

I've traded over the counter stocks in the past and I have had some success (I bought TRLG at $2.58), but I avoid them now. They are WAY too volatile and too hard to control. I've only had one pass my screens since 2005 and it lost 50% the couple of weeks that I owned it.

Sean thinks I'm insane, but I generally don't have any idea what the companies do when I buy the stock. I get too emotional when I'm rooting for a company because it makes a good product. I'd rather just trade symbols and let the fundamentals speak for themselves.

No comments: