Friday, June 22, 2007

Week In Review 6-22-07

A good Monday kept me from having a crummy week. I ended up for the week by 1.27%. I think I'm learning to keep my emotions in check. I feel I handled this week pretty well. SYNL went on to loose more today and I avoided an emotional buy in the morning.

I've learned that it is best to set up rules that I don't break. It's when I break rules that I become emotional and stupid. For example, this week with SYNL I set up a rule that if it lost more than 2% of my total portfolio value that I would sell. I set up a trailing stop because SYNL had been really strong the week before and I wanted to make sure that major weakness would get me out of the stock. After a few weak days, SYNL plummeted hard on Thursday. Today it continued downward and I was happy to be on the sidelines.

I'm back home now and should have more time to post this weekend. My plan for next week is to start sharing some of my best screens on a weekly basis. Instead of just a list of "Punky Stocks", I'll be letting you in on specific screens that I use and the stocks the currently qualify in those screens. I'll be posting the weekly gains or losses of each screen along with the cumulative return of the screen.

No comments: