Saturday, July 19, 2008

Week In Review 7-18-2008

That just sucked. It isn't very often that I have a week as frustrating as this one. I watched most of my screens scream ahead while my account continued to lose money.

For the week my account lost nearly 3%. The Zweig RS 5 screen made 5.53%.
The Zweig MACD screen came in at 5.46% for the week.I'm not sure if I would have been comfortable buying NSYS because of its low volume. Some days it was trading below 7,000 shares. That stuff scares me a bit.

Hopefully I'll be able to turn this ship around and start making some money. Sometimes things just don't work the way you think they will.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad to see Greenhill enter the list. I've been following them for a while and will gladly buy them now.

On NSYS, I couldn't bring myself to buy as the volume is so low. Any trade where I am over 2% of the volume let alone over 7% would be imprudent. I can see how overstated Zweig can appear on AAII now due to size. On a relatively small account you have a hard time getting in and out of trades. Luckily on GHL my trade will be less than 1% of avg volume.

Good luck this week.