Monday, July 21, 2008

This week with StockPunk

Your guess is as good as mine on the direction of the market this week. I've decided to focus my trading account more on what I do best -- stock screening. The last couple of weeks have slapped me around. All of that slapping has come from a trading style that I'm not entirely comfortable with. Screening has been my bread and butter for the past 4 years and it seems silly to abandon it (especially for something I'm not especially good at).

I still want to learn more about which stocks work in my screens and why. I think I've relied too much on the screens themselves and I haven't done enough "homework" to really know what's going on underneath.

I got a mention on UglyChart last week. Thanks Ugly! His blog is one of the most informative and fun stock blogs out there. When I first started reading stock blogs, most of them bored me to tears or overwhelmed me with stuff I didn't understand. Ugly has a unique gift for combining humor, sarcasm, and information all together in a refreshing and entertaining way. If you haven't seen Ugly's videos you're missing out. They are hilarious!

No comments: