Thursday, July 17, 2008

Oh well . . .

After another sucky day (down .53%) I decided to check some of the screens I follow to see if they suck as much as I do.

The screen on the right takes the 5 highest relative strength stocks from AAII's "EPS est. revision up 5%" screen. Most of those stocks looked pretty good on Monday (click on the chart for a better view).

I'm getting dinged on high momentum stocks that are crashing as the stocks in the dumpster start to show some life. I guess this is just another life lesson.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hey Scott,

What software or site are you using to track those stocks. I like the look of it.

Anonymous said...

My YTD is back down to 20% after reaching 25% last week. I got whacked by two stocks that have accounted for most of my profits in the last few weeks. Being out of sync with the market is great when I'm making money, but not so much fun when when the averages are riding a bullet train up and I'm getting derailed.

Scott said...

Matt,

I use SmartMoney's site for portfolio tracking. It's free and easy to use.

Anonymous said...

Wow, considering the numbers for this screen, your loss of 0.53% seem not too bad.

Anonymous said...

AAII's Piotroski screen was up 18% as of 6/30. It's a value screen.