Friday, July 4, 2008

Month in Reveiw --June 2008

I'm a few days late, but I wanted to discuss the month of June.

Thanks to Seeking Alpha for this chart showing that this was the worst June performance since the Great Depression with nearly a 10% drop.

I began to get more defensive and stopped aggressively going long the 3rd week of June. I made a few mistakes along the way, but overall I'm pleased with my ability to limit my losses. For the month I was basically even. I was down about 2 times my risk for the month, but my tiny position sizes toward the end of the month saved me from big dollar losses.

The screens had awful months as well with the Zweig RS 5 screen losing 10.48% and the Zweig MACD screen losing a whopping 21.54%. Zacks and Zweig gained a bit, but only had one stock qualifying for one week during the entire month.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I gained 2% in June and I'm at 10.9% YTD. I usually get crushed in these types of markets, so the performance of my screens feel surreal.