Monday, April 2, 2007

Nothing looks too exciting this morning although the premarket looks slightly positive. I don't have any stocks that really stick out so I'm working with a pretty big basket this week.

Overall not a bad day today--up about .60%. I was cursing myself at the open for jumping on things too soon, but it all worked out OK in the end. I still think I'm fooling myself to think I can time things, but I need to develop a more calculated system for when to buy. I've tried using charts, percentage stops and just plain old market buys, but I find it best if I just stick to one method and leave the emotion out of it.

Kirk reported that one of my big winners for last year AXR has really tanked this year. The screens I've run have really done a good job of identifying when a stock is done. I sold AXR at $116.48 and cursed myself as it rose to near $150. But today it is sitting at $75.26 --further proof that I really have no idea what I'm doing.