Monday, April 23, 2007

If market crashes today, I'm set up well. I'm 80% in cash. If it has a terrific day, I'll probably be scrambling to buy. If I do buy, then I'm sure the market will have a huge sell-off and I'll lose my shirt. The market knows me like that.

A few folks have told me that they are following my "system". I'm not sure what they're thinking.

  • Do I really even have a system?
  • I don't even follow the system if I have one.
  • Every time I've followed someone else's system, I got burned big time.
  • Why would you invest like a guy who whines every day about how he has no idea what he is doing?
The answer: You wouldn't. So don't. You'll be much happier if you come up with your own way of tapping into that insane tornado of cash called the market. There are as many ways to trade and invest as their are people. Let your own personality and style help you decide what is the best method for you.

I write this blog for people like me who love the challenges of the market. Despite what most money managers tell us, there are ways for average folks like us to exploit the inefficiencies of the market. If a goofball like me can make a few bucks, anyone can.

No comments: