Monday, April 23, 2007

A Good Day

Today made up for my miserable week last week. Up 3.07%. I pulled the trigger on KRSL right before it took off this morning. It had a great day on good news. I'm hoping that the euphoria hangs on through the whole week and I don't have to give back too much.

Others are predicting gloom and doom. Bill Fleckenstein at MSN thinks that this market is a repeat of March 2000 and we're just about to take a similar dive. I like being ignorant. I admit I have no idea what's going to happen.

I do know that buying and holding right now is a foolish proposition. The bulls cannot hold out forever (even though I've been impressed with what they've been doing lately). I'm going to take advantage of things as long as I can.

That's what's great about being an individual investor. I can jump in and out like a little mouse with my measly amount of money and nobody knows or cares.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just curious what your bear market strategy might be. The Zweig screen and Zacks stocks tend to do OK during bears. Would you maintain the same style, get out of the market, or switch to plan B?
Another question would be, how would determine that you're in a bear market?
Obviously, May 2006 looked pretty bear like.