Friday, October 10, 2008

Is it over yet??

I''ll have to admit that this week got me a little worried. I'm starting to see folks that I deeply respect and who are market geniuses wonder if things are so broken that they can't be fixed. That scares me. I've always been impressed with the market's ability to absorb bad news, but it doesn't seem to be doing that lately. Every single technical indicator is SCREAMING that we should be seeing an enormous pulse to the upside, but it just hasn't happened.


I got into the markets in 2003 thinking that we'd never again see the kind of detestation that we witnessed from 2000 through 2002. The market had learned its lesson about "bubbles" and "irrational exuberance". In many ways things seem much worse than they did then.
I kept expecting to see the big bounce this entire week. It never came and I got chewed up for my incorrect assumptions. It's going to take some time to convince me that I can pull money out of the market once again. Maybe this is an incredible opportunity, but with every passing day I get a little more worried that my dreams of trading full time might be extinguished by a market that no longer works the way it is supposed to.

No comments: