Friday, October 17, 2008

A good end to the week

The market was very choppy today. I found it hard to keep profits and sold several stocks at break-even. I did manage to make some money on a couple of trades.


NIHD was a decent trade, but I didn't hold to my target which was met near 1pm. You'll noticed that momentum shifted downward right after my target was met. I made 1.02R but I could have made an additional 3R if I had held until it hit my target.

AGU was another winner, but again, I sold too soon. I could have held a little longer and made an additional 3R. I pulled 3.54R out of it.

I got out of AMED right on time and made 1.09R.

All told I made 4.69R on the day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scott, what the heck are all those lines around the price? What is an LBR 3/10?

Good trading!

Scott said...

sc,

The LBR is a modified MACD. The lines are a bunch of moving averages and bollinger bands.