Friday, August 8, 2008

Week In Review

The indexes may have done pretty well this week, but the Zweig screen got killed. It just doesn't do very well in see-saw market action like we saw all week. Equally weighted the screen lost 5.99% for the week.

The Zweig MACD did a little better coming in at +2.04% this week thanks to big gains in MSO and SUNH.

My account remains the same as I decided to have use virtual money this week. In terms of "R" value, my account came out up 5.10R. That's not bad. I'm always surprised when I run numbers at the end of the week.

I'm shooting for a 10 to 15 R gain per month, so this is a good start and I'm encouraged to continue hashing things out (especially after seeing the loss in the Zweig screen). I plan to have at least 100 virtual trades under my belt before committing to a trading program. 100 trades should give me a pretty good idea of what I can expect from my trading over time.

No comments: