Friday, August 22, 2008

Week In Review 8-22-08

I was at the hospital all day with a kid that I work with, and although the hospital offered internet access, I didn't feel right about streaming real time quotes using someone else's connection. When I got home at 2pm, there weren't many stocks on my watch list that I would have taken anyway. So, no big deal.

My fake account brought in 11.76R this week which makes me much more confident that I'm making the right move. To trade for a living I need around 5R to 6R per month. For August, I'm up 23.86R so far. We'll see if my success continues, but right now things are looking pretty good.

I went back and read a bunch of Ugly's posts from 2006. He made 40R during one of the first few months he started trading. He struggled for the next several months, so I need to take this success with a grain of salt. A lot will change when I start using real money.

Both Zweig screens suffered drawdowns this week. Zweig RS 5 is was down 3.26% while the Zweig MACD screen was down 1.61%.


No comments: