Saturday, August 30, 2008

Month in Review August 2008



I didn't spend too much time with the market this week. I was busy moving my money from Scottrade to Tradestation (the transition is still not complete). Scottrade shut me down from virtual trading since I no longer had enough money in the account to support it, so Thursday and Friday I was unable to obtain real-time quotes.

My hope is to be up and running next week. I'm excited to begin the next step in my trading and I look forward to learning some new stuff as my account dwindles because of my mistakes.

The month of August went well for me (virtually). I managed an increase of 23.30R for the month. If I would have traded real money, that would put this month as my best ever. Of course when real money is involved, things change. September will be a far better judge of how my system performs.

The Zweig RS 5 screen continues to plummet with another 1.93% loss. The Zweig MACD screen managed to pull out a .53% gain for the week.
Buying the top 5 relative strength stocks at the beginning of the month and holding them through the end of August would have resulted in a 15.61% decline. Not good.

The stats for August:

Total R for the month 23.30
Win percentage 52.31%
Total trades 65
# of days I traded 11
Average # of trades per day 5.91
Average "R" per trading day 2.12
Expectancy for the month .35


No comments: