Sunday, August 10, 2008

This week with StockPunk

Despite the counter-trend rally that were seeing as of late, I still plan to pretend trade for a while longer. Let me assure you that I'm chomping at the bit to get back in, and I'm bothered that I may be missing out on some gains. But, this is the best thing for me right now.

In his latest newsletter, Van K. Tharp says "Given that everything is psychological, success in the markets is 60% discipline, 30% position sizing, and 10% system. You can have a great system that will be destroyed by mistakes created by a lack of discipline."

I need to work on the discipline aspect of my trading, so I plan to spend a while just pretending.

The Zweig screen has 20 candidates this week which is the most I've seen in some time. I take that as a good sign as the Zweig screen looks at growing companies that have good value.

It's still a tricky market out there. The indexes are still in a downtrend and there are still some scary things that the market is facing. But for the immediate future, things are looking better and it's worth a shot to go long for a bit.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Scott, Martina here, I know the economy is a really unperdictable situation right now, but how do I get started with investing and the whole Stock Market thing. Although I watched you for years do it, I cant seem to grasp much of it. Please and thanks. Love. "Marine"