Friday, October 19, 2007

That Certainly Sucked


Today sure took the air out of my sails. I was getting all geared up to blow past my YTD return of 43% and the market took some back from me. I guess I can't complain since my portfolio barely moved from last Friday's close, so despite the weakness of the broader market, I'm doing pretty OK.

It would have been better for me to take a few more days of vacation because two of my big drains today were purchases I made the last two days. It's hard to say what this all means, but I still think things look good for a strong finish to the year. Hopefully this is just a good time to take advantage of some consolidation and panic over a few wimpy earnings announcements.

I plan to update my screens on Sunday. I need to figure out this week's gains and losses and I'll post those before Saturday evening.

No comments: