Wednesday, October 17, 2007

It's good to be back

Although I had a terrific time with my wife in Jamaica, it's good to be back home. My wife took this photo of me sunning on the beach. I added the stupid thing of me dreaming about stocks because you really can't take a picture of a person's thoughts (or so I've been told). My wife won't let me include a photo of her even though she was the best looking woman on the beach (or in Jamaica for that matter).

We scuba dived a couple of days and the reef wasn't as bad as my environmentalist brother suggested it would be. There were , however, many cages underwater full of crabs, lobsters, rays and fish that were soon to be harvested by local fisherman. That made me feel kind of bad, but I ate a lot of fish anyway.

My portfolio survived my absence (or maybe because of it). I read a few books during my trip that focused on two of my interests--WWII and um . . . the stock market.

I can't believe that it has taken me an entire day just to get caught up on things. Apparently the market decided that it could move on with out my constant monitoring. That's what I love about the whole market show. Every day is different, there is always something new to learn, and you can go on a vacation and the market is still doing its thing when you get back.

No comments: