Friday, September 21, 2007

Week In Review 9-21-2007


Not a bad week even though I got beat by some of my screens. The portfolio was up 5.93% for the week. I'd feel better about this week's performance if the rest of the market hadn't gone haywire. So for now, it's hard to tell if I'm just riding the wave of enthusiasm.

The DOW is just under 200 points away from the all-time high again. I guess I would rather have clawed my way back while the indexes all struggled. It makes me feel like my gains are tenuous. If things do rocket back down, I hope I'm smart enough not to make the same mistakes that cost me nearly 20% the last time things broke down. Maybe I should go back and read some of my old posts.

This month I'm doing some research on stop losses. Every few months I change my ideas about the best way to manage my account. The whole stop loss issue gets me all worked up. Here's a decent article in Smart Money Online about using stop losses.

These guys have a much better survey than mine this week. I hope their sample is larger than mine.

No comments: