Thursday, September 27, 2007

Scuba Trip



A few of you have inquired about my upcoming scuba trip. This one isn't too spectacular. It's in Jamaica. My scuba purist brother told me to "enjoy the dead reef". He is the director of invertebrates at the Omaha Zoo. It angers him when I eat shrimp ("Do you know how many other animals had to die in those shrimp nets?"), when I take a cruise ("I hope you know they dynamited a healthy reef so that ship could dock."), and when he sees my neglected coral tank ("You're an embarrassment to the aquarium industry.").

I put this stupid video together so you could see me underwater. Our favorite scuba trip so far was to the Fiji Islands. I have never seen so much life underwater. The Caribbean is pretty boring by comparison. I've been spoiled.

We're staying at a Sandals resort and they offer free scuba diving as part of the package. They don't however, offer free internet access. Weasels.

No comments: