Friday, February 13, 2009

Snowbound

The market looks a little tepid this morning. That works out well for me, because I'm not trading today. We're getting a snowstorm this morning and the above photo is a look out my window. I like being able to stay home and enjoy the snowfall with my kids.

It's a good life so far. We'll see how long I can keep it going.


I'm just finishing up a book called High Probability Trading by Marcel Link. He addresses several issues I've been having lately (overtrading, "show off" trading, lack of self control, fear) in the book.

He highlights setting realistic goals, using multiple time frames, trading with trends, using oscillators. He also includes some very practical advice about placing stops and exits, trading systems (he includes TradeStation codes for simple systems), managing money, and backtesting.

Link isn't afraid to share some of his worst failures as a trader and I really appreciate that. Too many writers aren't very honest about how difficult trading can be. I enjoyed the book and recommend it to anyone wanting practical and timeless advice about trading for a living.

1 comment:

Scott said...

I've read Douglas' book as well. Corey at Afraid to Trade recommended it to me. It was an excellent book and I plan to go through it again soon. Let us know what you think about Mastering the Trade when you get done.

I'm hoping things turn around for me as well. This blog has been a godsend for me with all the support and ideas I get from readers (like you). I would have quit long ago if I was managing this on my own.